Home is where the heart is. It’s also where your family, your possessions, your pets—pretty much everything you hold dear—resides. Protecting your home is always a priority, but when you’re moving into a new house, renovating an old one, or building your dream home from scratch, it’s the perfect time to make some smart home security decisions with Alarm.com.
Smart Tip #1: Unlock your new home’s potential
Whether you’re on the move or your home is currently under construction, installing a smart, connected lock helps keep workers and movers on task and on schedule, while protecting your home from outsiders.
With Alarm.com, you can:
- Disarm your security system and unlock the front door from your smartphone.
- Allow easy keyless entry with access codes for workers or cleaners entering your house.
- Get immediate alerts if you forget to lock your front door or close the garage so you can react right away.
Smart Tip #2: Keep your eyes on the prize
Keeping an eye on your new home when you’re not there is simple with Alarm.com. Indoor and outdoor cameras give you a full view of your move, from the people involved to the overall progress.
- Know who’s approaching your home with Video Analytics—find out if it’s a vehicle, animal, or a person.
- Keep a close eye on your kids and pets inside your new home during the move with indoor cameras.
- Answer the front door safely with a touchless video doorbell that alerts you when someone arrives—you can answer via the Alarm.com app from anywhere.
Smart Tip #3: Come home to comfort
With all the comings and goings during a move, an energy-saving smart thermostat puts you in control of your home’s heating and cooling so everyone can feel comfortable.
- Turn up the heat (or the AC) on-the-go via the Alarm.com app.
- Connect your smart thermostat to your security system to automatically adjust temps for arrivals and departures.
- Explore intelligent energy-saving options to keep your bills lower.
Investing in a smarter home sooner rather than later can help save you time, money, and worry right away and down the road. A connected security system from Alarm.com is the smarter way to protect your new home, along with everything (and everyone) important inside it. Get started below!