Stew McVicar beat you to it. The Chicago Cubs superfan spared no expense in turning his McHenry, IL home's basement into "Club 400", a 2,100-square foot, memorabilia-decked fan-cave and gameday venue that rivals any sports bar or team museum in the world.
And it's all powered and secured by Alarm.com's smarter home security.
Stew realized he needed a security system when he started using Club 400 as a fundraising venue to help other Cubs fans in need.
"There were a lot of people I didn't know coming to my house," he recalled. "I had to do something to protect my lifelong dream and investment. I've been collecting everything here since I was eight. It all has personal meaning for me."
So what exactly does Stew's smarter home security system protect? A few highlights of his man cave include:
- 12 video displays including a three-TV game viewing area with nine theater seats
- Cubs-themed pinball machines, vintage arcade games, air hockey and a foosball table
- A 2012 game-used Wrigley Field home plate
- 250 balls signed by Cubs players
- Countless framed, signed jerseys of Cubs hall-of-famers
- Two bars with beer on tap, plus a fully stocked beer fridge
Stew's professionally-monitored security system is as impressive as the memorabilia it protects. It features indoor and outdoor security cameras, contact sensors on display cases, crash and smash protection, a video doorbell, and a smart thermostat with remote temperature sensors for climate control—all controlled by Alarm.com's smart home security app.
"You just can't put a price on peace of mind," says Stew. "That's what Alarm.com gives me."
Want to protect your own home as effectively as Stew protects his? Here's how to get Alarm.com.