To protect your Alarm.com account from intruders, use Two-Factor Authentication. It’s easy to set up, and makes it harder for an intruder to access your account—even if they know your password.
Here's a quick video on how to set up Two-Factor Authentication.
Why set up Two-Factor Authentication?
Some home intruders don’t look for open windows, or for keys under doormats. Instead, they look for the password to your security system account and mobile app.
Two-Factor Authentication adds a second step to the login process. After entering your password, you’ll get a text message with a one-time code that you’ll need to complete your login. It means that only you, or a person with access to your phone messages, can log in to your account.
- Log in to the mobile app.
- Tap the Menu icon.
- Scroll down and tap to Login Information.
- Tap Two Factor Authentication.
- Tap Text Message.
- Tap Next.
- In Mobile Number:
- Enter your mobile number.
- Select your Country from the dropdown menu.
- Select your Provider from the dropdown menu.
- Press Send. (You will receive an Authentication Code at the mobile number you entered via SMS.)
- In the Verification Code field, enter the code sent to your phone.
- Tap Verify.
- In the Device Name field, enter the name of the device you’re using the mobile app on.
- Tap Trust This Device.
For more ways to protect your Alarm.com account from intruders, visit our account protection resource page.