Creating new memories with your family doesn’t have to mean long road trips or breaking the bank. In fact, vacation could be just a few steps away.
Get the great outdoor experience without the hassle of trying to find a clean bathroom or dodging bad weather with a backyard camping experience. We’ve put together a guide to help you create a memorable outdoor weekend at home with your family. Follow these tips to stay safe and have some fun!
To get started, you’ll need these camping essentials:
- Sleeping bags
- String lights (optional)
- Fire pit (optional)
After pitching your tent, you’ll need to get what some consider the most important supplies–meals and snacks. Here are some of our favorites:
- S’mores: Customize your s’mores with marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolate, or whatever toppings you want
- Campfire Food: Get grilling with some hot dogs and hamburgers, or stock up on campfire-friendly food like corn, sausage, shrimp, and more
And remember, no camping trip is complete without group activities:
- Campfire stories
- Flashlight tag
- Scavenger hunt
Keep a Careful Watch Over Your Own ‘Great Outdoors’
Before heading off into your backyard oasis, know what’s going on inside and outside your home with these devices.
- Flex IO notifies you when someone (or something) opens your back gate, so rest assure that your camping gear—and campers— are safe.
- Rain or shine, this weather-proofed device is built to last and comes with a 2+ year battery life.
- While you’re in the backyard, keep an eye on your front yard with our outdoor video cameras.
- Don’t miss any guests joining in on the fun! Alarm.com’s Touchless Video Doorbell allows you to see, hear, and speak to guests without having to leave your campsite.
- Concerned about backyard critters trying to join in on the fun? Video analytics can trigger your home's smart lights in response to different objects, keeping away any uninvited visitors.
Now that you have everything you need, grab your campers, get outside, and start creating memories that you’ll be able to share around the campfire for years to come.
Don't have Alarm.com yet? Click below!